Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Online lang: correct or not, it's my choice!

As today's online language, I'll try to use as much online language as possible, given that I m not a pro.

Speaking of online lang, it s never encouraged by lang teachers, coz they think students gonna mess up wiv their  assignments. However, it s often encouraged by online users or text users, coz it makes the conversation similar to or same as face 2 face causal talks, which makes the whole conversation more lively and real.

The teachers pt of not using online lang s tat students should hv a habit of writing correctly and grammatically so abbreviations n lang mixing r not encouraged. But my pt of view of being correct s not a habit, it s abt understanding. I would rather encourage them to use online lang during causal chats n correct n grammatical lang during class, coz they can figure out the diff n be more clear n familair wiv the correctness and wrongness. Of coz, if I were a teacher, I wont encourage students to use both online lang n grammatical lang until they learnt basics of the correct one. The basics refers to basic sentence structure (SVO), tense (timeline).

I m not sure if u agree wiv it, but I do!

Correct or not, it s ur choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment